Monday, October 5, 2009

Very rude driver

I have heard many horrible stories about how bad the drivers here. I have not really encountered such incident except for the minor rude drivers who cut into your lane without any warning, until this morning. Having said that, there are also many courteous drivers around, but with the handful of rude and aggressive drivers it is enough to give a bad impression about the drivers here.

I was at the flyover intersection traffic light nearby Centrepoint and the old Sony office when the light turned green. This intersection is always busy with early morning traffic, people rushing to work and sending their kids to school. When it was my turn to go across, the intersection was already blocked by traffic in front of me so I couldn't go, despite the traffic light being green.

There was this woman behind me who looked like in her late fifties started to horn at me. I can’t go forward so I remained put at my spot. Suddenly she swayed her car on my right to overtake me. As a result, her side of the car hit my end bumper. I went down to confront her, she refused to wind down her window and she went on shouting and yelling in the car but I couldn't hear a single word. Such aggression and rudeness shown by her really shocked me because firstly she is a woman (you will think at her age she will be more tolerant or courteous on the road) and the aggression and rudeness shown by her was just too much for me. I took down her licence registration no. with the intention of reporting her to the police.

When I finally reached the office, I inspected my car and since there wasn't any damage done I decided not to report her. This just proved to me how bad Malaysian drivers can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails